Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pursuit of Happiness

I just finished watching the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, starring Will Smith and his son Jaden


Once in a while we get movies that makes us realise how much we dont appreciate our own lives, we're always so caught up in the how bad my life is, etc, etc, etc....... And we always forget to appreciate what we have already.




Anybody watch CLICK? Being an Adam Sandler movie, I though yeah, cool, something lighthearted and funny. YAY.... Surprise surprise.... Hey it was between that or LAKEHOUSE, if u hadnt read any of the reviews and u just saw this.....
of course ud pick.....CLICK right, right?
Anyways, movies like this I love cause you realise so many things, like with PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, this was my mum... she would sacrifice everything for her children, as long as we were happy she would be you know. Growing up this way, I stupidly thought that everybody else was this fortunate. My late dad, yes he wasnt perfect, but he would not allow anyone, and I mean ANYONE to come between him and his children, someone told him not to see his kids, they better watch out. And eventhough he didnt know how to show love or communicate, hello he was malay, bruneian and from tutong..... He did what he could. and what I used to think was not enough, is actually ALOT more then what 50% of the world has.
Mr Pablo, from (http://world-of-pablo.blogspot.com/), who is actually a dear dear relative of mine, said that we should try to share our experiences, we might be able to help someone that way. So here goes.
If you havent already noticed, a man having more then one wife is now sadly the norm here. And many of us have brothers and sisters from different mothers. OK fine if you guys dont i definately do.
In some cases our parents try to prolong the misery by staying together for the childrens sake. Not realising that by staying together, their constant fighting, bickering, the tension, affects the kids more then a divorce would. The stress of staying together makes you guys worse parents. Hey Im not saying give up, but make a concious effort to work it out, not just ignore ignore ignore as always happens. Kelahi, ignore, kelahi ignore, MAU CHA BAIK TU YO. During this whole process you guys are so busy trying to kill each other that we usually get forgotten.... DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Im glad my parents did get divorced. It was a bit WWF in the house ya know....
I digress.....
ok, my point is... HAPPINESS.... If someone asked me what made me happy? what would I say? what would you say?
How about, have you ever been truly truly happy ever?????
Or one moment in your life that you can truthfully say to urself, yup I am happy, I was happy, I will be happy..... Atu banyak lah, I will be happy if, but I think thats our problem. How about we start thinking about and appreciating what we already have.....
OK I'LL START......
ONE MOMENT TODAY (OR YESTERDAY)
1. YOU'VE BEEN REALLY HAPPY
2. YOU'VE TRULY TRULY LAUGHED
3. YOU'VE REALLY REALLY SMILED
4. THAT U R REALLY THANKFUL FOR ( THIS ONE CAN BE MORE THAN 1)
Once youve done this, mebe you and me both will start feeling happier about where we r in life, even though some of us maybe going through a rough patch.......
everything has a reason I always say.....
THINK ABOUT IT

No comments: